Saturday, January 3, 2009

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

Here is what we had last night. It was really good!! This is also from Mommy's Online.

1 package of chicken tenders
1 jar salsa (I used Central Market organic salsa in mild)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (condensed)
1 package taco seasoning

The recipe also calls for a jar of black beans, but we are not a big fan so I left it out.

Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 2 hours, then bump up to high for the last hour (3 hours total). Alternatively, you could probably cook it on low for 4-6 hours (depending on how quickly your crock pot cooks). I never have the time, though!

I served this with Mexican rice, which my co-worker taught me how to make. We also warmed up some refried beans (but those were just canned). I had sour cream (for Jamie) and shredded cheddar cheese on the side.

I recommend having tortialls or tortilla chips on hand also. We really wished we had tortillas last night so we could make burritos. I went out and bought some and Jamie had the leftovers for lunch today. I think he liked it better in the tortilla, but he said he liked it without as well.

I've also heard that the chicken is good when drained, shredded, and served over chips to make chicken nachos.

Elise would not touch this, so she had PB&J. What a surprise!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I make this without the cream of chicken soup... just as yummy. In fact, it's one of our favorites.

Melanie said...

I know, this was REALLY good!